Sunday, August 9, 2015

Just another day thinking positive

I woke up in a very foul mood today. Whenever I wake up in a gruff, I usually take a lot of time to peal myself off the bed. This means I get late to get ready for work and then eventually get stuck in traffic. I also reach office late and like that the whole day seems to be ruined by just getting up in a bad mood.

Even though it is early but because my mind is in distress I feel tired even before starting my work. But then I tell myself, I will not let one bad thing ruin my whole day. As soon as I make a concious decision of changing my mood from feeling sad to feeling grateful, I can feel the whole day changing its course on its own. It is that simple and yet many people don't understand or don't want to understand this phenomena of changing negativity to positivity.

I am a firm believer in thinking positive thoughts most of the time. I say most of the time because I am also a human being at the end of the day and the negative thoughts creep into my mind from time to time. But I make an effort to remove those thoughts and replace them with a positive one.

Let me give you a for instance, if I am feeling sad about something I just shift my attention to all the things I should be grateful about or I start watching a cat video online to lift my spirits. This technique works magic. I also sometimes close my eyes and try to meditate and bring my mind at peace again. This is always not easy and it requires hard work.

I still get very emotional sometimes and cry like a baby. I don't hold myself back when I am at the peak of negativity but then I don't let it ruin my whole day too. I simple put the thing bothering me behind and think of something positive. Life is too short to be serious and sad. So enjoy your life and live like your going to die tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment