Monday, August 17, 2015

Blow a kiss, fire a gun...

I love watching videos on YouTube and it is kind of a dream of mine to be one of the famous youtubers. Today I cam across a Buzz Fee video on Indians reacting to American Pop Culture Stereotypes. Click on the link below to go to the video. Make sure you also give a thumbs up to them as they post some really good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2iNPfVsYQ

Although I found this video to be very funny but I rather like the videos where an American is reacting/trying out Indian stuff. 

In the above video I heard the song Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On (feat MO) again I am pasting the video to their official music video, if you already have not seen it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqeW9_5kURI

The music video blew my mind. As an Indian I am very used to watching colourful dancers doing the so called Bollywood movies in a cheesy way, always in a park or sometimes in a beach. But it was a whole lot of fun to watch the Americans dancing the same way on an English song. Although, in the Buzz Feed video the people are criticizing the way Americans look at Indians but I think we should take it as a joke and a very fun video that we can enjoy watching. 

I didn't feel insulted or feel that they were trying to make fun of my culture. Maybe you need to keep a more broad minded approach. My policy is that you should always learn to laugh at yourself first. I love the dance steps and also the horses in the background. I really hope to get to see more such videos on Indian cultures and hope they are done by some awkward Americans. 




No comments:

Post a Comment