Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Trying hard not to get DESPERATE!


I was watching a clip from Sex and the City on youtube the other day. In that clip Carrie says when a guy stands under a girl’s window and plays violin or says that he is missing her it always sounds so cute and romantic. But imagine a girl doing the same thing. Standing under a guy’s window and throwing stones at it just to say ‘I miss you’ or call 10 times a day to just hear his voice, sounds kind of desperate. Right?

I don’t know why, but it does sound kind of desperate. If you do this with a guy, then you can say good bye to the relationship once for all. He will never call you back again. And it is not like I don’t think it is desperate. I think it is desperate too. This is the saddest part of it. We girls also think that it doesn’t look good to express our true feelings all the time especially when the relationship is in its initial phase.

You know how my thought process goes (and this is when the relationship is initial and I don't want to show my true colors). When I call my guy and he doesn’t pick up I stay calm and wait for his call. I give myself a good two hours before I give another call to him. I don’t send SMS. I stay CALM. Then I try to make myself busy in work or start reading a book. This helps me to forget about the call for quite some time. Then, when I remember that he hasn’t called yet, I send a casual message just to check if he is busy or not. If he replies, it is good and if he doesn’t, then I start thinking it is over with this guy.

I have been told that this is not a mature way to handle things. So I rethink about leaving the guy just because he didn't call back. When he does call back I try my level best to sound casual like I was not even thinking about his call. So much thought process go into this silly thing. Another very immature thing I start planning is taking revenge on him. I think of making him suffer exactly how I was suffering. 

It is tough being a girl in this world and even tougher to be a girl with attitude. I think instead of thinking whether he would call or not I should get a life. LOL….

1 comment: