Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jaipur Trip

I have to travel a lot for my work and I absolutely love that. I work for Oracle in their Corporate Social Responsibility department which is also know as Oracle Academy. I am a instructor and have to travel to different parts of the country to teach teachers from schools and colleges.

Just last month I got the opportunity to travel to Jaipur, Rajasthan for a training. Jaipur in December is brutal. The temperature down there was just 8 degrees. The training was in one of the leading universities of India, Amity University which is 50kms outside of Jaipur city. The temperature inside the campus was just 3 degrees and I had a hard time dealing with it.



I was completely covered from head to toe. The only thing visible was my face. I don't like cold weather at all and it was really hard for me to face such a harsh climate.

The training was very successful. The teachers were enthusiastic as well as very keen to learn. I was staying inside the campus of Amity University, Jaipur and it is a very beautiful campus.


Jaipur itself is a beautiful place filled with palaces and history. I went to Jaipur a day early to see all the famous palaces. The first palace that I saw was Amber Fort. The architecture, art and culture was over flowing from everywhere.


I also visited a very interesting place called "Chokhi Dhani". This is a place where you can experience the culture of Rajasthan in one place. The food, dance and music all put in one place for tourists to enjoy.


Just before returning to Mumbai, I again went on a tour of Jaipur city. This time I went to the Jaigad Fort which is very adjacent to the Amber Fort and also equally beautiful.

The only suggestion I would give to anyone going to Jaipur for holidays is that do not go on package tours because they do not give any time to actually enjoy the palaces. It is much better to hire a taxi for a day and go around sight seeing on your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment